The following information is listed to help you in applying for a marriage license in Hocking County, and/or obtaining a certified copy of a marriage license that was obtained in Hocking County.
Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., except holidays.
HOW TO APPLY IN HOCKING COUNTY
IF YOU ARE AN OHIO RESIDENT:
1. One of the applicants must be a resident of Hocking County, Ohio.
2. Applicants must apply together in person.
3. Applicants must show a government issued photo I.D. (driver’s license, state I.D., passport/VISA or military I.D.)
4. If previously married, applicant must provide proof of whichever applies:
(a) If divorced, the Court needs the most recent divorce/dissolution decree which must include a court file stamp and a judge’s signature.
(b) If widowed, the Court needs a certified copy of a death certificate listing the applicant as the surviving spouse.
5. The license is valid for 60 days.
6. The license fee is $60.00. (CASH ONLY) (Subject to change)
7. Can marry anywhere in the State of Ohio
IF YOU ARE NOT AN OHIO RESIDENT:
Applicants must apply in the county in which they intend to marry. If applying in Hocking County, follow rules 2 through 6 listed above.
HOW TO OBTAIN A CERTIFIED COPY
OF A MARRIAGE LICENSE
A certified copy of a marriage record can be obtained by either stopping in the Probate Court office or it can be requested by mail. (Please provide payment and a self addressed, stamped envelope for return mailings). The charge for a certified copy is $5.00 each. (Subject to change)