REQUEST FOR GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS
FOR PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING DESIGN SERVICES
HOCKING COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
The Hocking County Commissioners are requesting Statement of Qualifications (SOQ’s) for professional design / consulting services to identify the most qualified firms to provide professional design / consulting services for the Hocking Valley Scenic Trail Project. SOQ’s are due not later than September 6, 2018
The County will utilize procedures for competitive qualification-based procurement for engineering services in connection with this SOQ. Under this method, qualifications of competing firms will be evaluated and the service provider that is deemed the most advantageous and qualified to perform a scope of services will be selected for design.
Specifically, the County is looking to pre-qualify Consultants to perform the following tasks:
Bicycle & Pedestrian Trail Prequalification
Design of a Recreational Trail from Nelsonville to Logan in conjunction with the Hocking Valley Scenic Trail Committee including:
- Mapping and field survey
- Right-of-way Investigation and plans
- Subsurface investigations, as needed
- Permit preparations, including any application fees
- Hydraulic analysis, as needed
- Public meeting
- Cost estimates at Schematic, Design development, and Final Plan Submission phases
- Schematic plans, design development, and bid document preparation, including any supplemental specifications and bid form
- Proposals may include suggested additions or deletions to the project
Consultant/ personnel ODOT Prequalification is required:
The team shall be prequalified in all of the following work types meeting all applicable ODOT inspection certifications and training requirements at the time the proposal is submitted:
- Roadway: Bicycle Facilities and Enhancement Design
- Roadway: Non-Complex Roadway Design
- Right of Way Plan Development – Complex
- Soils/Geotechnical Services: Geotechnical Engineering Services
- Soils/Geotechnical Services: Geotechnical Testing Laboratory
- Soils/Geotechnical Services: Geotechnical Field Exploration Services
- Traffic Signal Design: Basic Traffic Signal Design
- Bridge Design: Level 2 Bridge Design
FACTORS TO BE CONSIDERED IN EVALUATING QUALIFICATIONS
The County will evaluate the statement of qualifications on the following basis:
- Experience of the firm in successfully completing projects of a similar nature.
- Experience of project personnel to be directly responsible for the project management and the experience of those individuals to be responsible for completing major components of the project.
- Capacity of the firm to devote sufficient manpower to a project in order to complete the project in a timely manner.
- Consultant’s interest in this project and proximity to the County.
- Past Performance with the County.
SUBMISSION OF QUALIFICATIONS
The County will accept three (3) copies of the Statements of Qualifications from interested firms at the office of the Hocking County Board of Commissioners, 1 East Main Street, Logan, Ohio 43138. All qualification submittals must be submitted no later than 4:00 PM on September 6, 2018. Submissions shall be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Engineering Design SOQ - HVST”. The Qualifications will be reviewed and any needed interviews will be scheduled.
The decision of the Commissioner’s in selecting a qualified firm is final and not subject to appeal.
Interested firms may contact the Commissioners at (740) 385-5195, or by email at [email protected]