New Document Standardization Guidelines Effective July 1, 2009!
House Bill 525 went into effect July 1st, 2009. This new law (ORC 317.114) creates standardization guidelines for documents that are recorded in this office.
View a template for the new standardization requirements (Please print on legal size paper)
The guidelines are as follows:
- Computer font size of at least 10 point;
- Minimum paper size – 8 ½ x 11, Maximum paper size – 8 ½ x 14;
- Black or Blue ink ONLY;
- No use of highlighting;
- Margins of 1 inch on each side of the page and on the bottom;
- 3 inch margin on the top of the first page, reserved for recorder, auditor & engineer;
- 1 ½ margin on the top of each of the remaining pages.
If a document signed does not conform to these guidelines, an additional recording fee of $20.00 will be collected.
This law does not apply to:
- Any document from any court or taxing authority;
- Any state or federal document;
- Any document executed before the effective date of this law.